Friday, October 16, 2015

Another Jewel and Crown post!

I know, I'm slightly obsessive/compulsive. But here's one more post about a crown and jewels. I have some other posts, Here and Here. A couple of years ago I saw this post at LibErin about a crown and some shape jewels and was inspired to get out my glitter and make up a rhyme! This is a rhyme I made up that I used two different ways. I made a set of 5 colored 'jewels' the same shape and a set of 5 different shaped 'jewels'. Actually, the blue one works in both sets.










Crown Jewels
(by Kathryn Roach)

The royal king wears a crown
It sits upon his head.
Let’s add our first shiny jewel
A beautiful ruby Red

This kingly crown is lovely
I’m sure you’ll say it’s true!
We’ll add another jewel
A beautiful sapphire Blue

As the king sits on his throne
His crown will shine so bright!
Let’s add another jewel
This Orange one is just right!

This crown lets everybody know
The king is ‘His Royal Highness’
Let’s add this shiny Purple jewel
To make this crown the finest!

And now, we’ve almost finished
The most beautiful crown you’ve seen.
Let’s add the last bright jewel
This lovely emerald Green

The king is oh so happy
To wear this crown of gold
Each jewel in place makes his crown
A wonderful sight to behold!

Jewels and Crowns are so much Fun With Friends at Storytime! There are more great posts on the Flannel Friday Roundup. Check out the wonderful resources on the Flannel Friday Pinterest Boards. If you want more info about Flannel Friday here's the link for the official Flannel Friday blog.

No comments :

Post a Comment