Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Pirate Treasure!

While we were preparing to do a Pirate storytime Miss Margaret expressed a wish for an interactive rhyme with a treasure chest and 'treasure'. We collaborated and she made up the rhyme and I made the flannel set and it was a big hit! Those little scallywags at storytime loved adding their treasure to the treasure chest...yo, ho, ho!! We did a lot of 'Shiver me timbers!' and 'Arghhh, matey' and other piratey talk and we had a blast! I looked at several Google images and took parts from several to make my chest and I made my own glitter felt using glitter glue. If I make any other sets that need glitter felt I will spend the extra pennies for it!! Anyway, here they be, matey!!
Here's a link for the rhyme 'Pirate's Treasure Chest'.







Arghhh!  Pirate treasure is a lot of Fun with Friends at Storytime! There are more great ideas on the Flannel Friday Roundup! Check out the wonderful resources on the Flannel Friday Pinterest Boards. Here's the link for the official Flannel Friday blog for more info!

No comments :

Post a Comment