Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Mmmmm, I Love Apples!

I have a fun interactive apple rhyme that I made up a few years ago. Here's the link for 'I Love Apples - game'.   I diecut about 4 or 5 of each color. I hand them out and tell the kiddos to bring the matching color to put on the flannelboard as I say the rhyme. You could just as easily use laminated paper apple shapes and let the kiddos come up and put their apples in a basket. Any way you play it, apples are a lot of Fun with Friends at Storytime. Check out my other apple posts HERE and HERE.






I love Apples - game
by Kathryn Roach
I love apples, so good to eat!
* color * apples can't be beat!
*sweet-red
*tart-green
*mild-yellow
*funny-blue
*surprising-purple
*tangy-orange
*silly-pink
See my apples. I can't wait
to eat my apples. They're so great!

I have a small apple die cut that we used with a basket shape for the kiddos to make their own basket of apples for our Home Extension. We got 2 baskets from one 9x12 piece of construction paper. The kiddos can use a glue stick at home as they remember the fun storytime at the library!
Another option could be to stamp apple shapes on the basket using stamps or real apples and paint.
There are more great posts on the Flannel Friday Roundup. Check out the wonderful resources on the Flannel Friday Pinterest Boards. If you want more info about Flannel Friday here's the link for the official Flannel Friday blog.

No comments :

Post a Comment