Friday, February 21, 2014

Dalmations!

I have a coworker that has shared an adorable rhyme he made up and a set of 5 cute dalmatian puppies he made for his Firefighter/Firetruck theme. I made my own set of felt doggies and tweaked his pattern just a bit by adding large google eyes instead of felt eyes for the puppies.  I had the eyes and was too lazy to cut out 10 more small circles!  Anyway, here are the doggies I made and the link to Mr. Thad's rhyme; Five Dalmatians

These are about 5 in.circles for the bodies and 3 in. circles for the heads and a gazillion small black dots for the spots and noses. O.K.  so it's not a gazillion...it felt like it as I was cutting them out! That's the main reason for the large google eyes; I was tired of cutting small circles. I used some black slick fabric paint for the mouth.  I might add a little red tongue to a couple of the pups just for variety. I think Dalmatians are so much Fun with Friends at Storytime! 
The Flannel Friday Roundup is hosted by Kay Leigh at Storytime ABC's Have questions about Flannel Friday? Check out the Flannel Friday official blog.  Be sure to  join us on the Flannel Friday Facebook page and enjoy the great Flannel Friday Pinterest boards too!


No comments :

Post a Comment