Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Another Circus Post!

Yes, I have a new circus rhyme/guessing game/ file folder storytime prop to share.  I am doing a set of special storytimes at a preschool that I love and Circus is the theme I'm planning to share.  I have several books to use:  Little Monkey Says Good Night by Ann Whitford Paul, Circus Numbers; a Counting Book by Rodney Peppe, Circus by Lois Ehlert and The Circus by Heidi Goennel. Since I will be presenting several storytimes for ages 2 - 5, I'll be able to use different titles that will work with the different ages.  I shared a couple of other posts last year about circus here and here.  I just wanted something new (I have a short attention span myself LOL!).  Here's the link for the script for the Circus guessing game. You can tweak it for whatever pictures you want to use.  The file folder is in two parts and the pictures came from Google images.  I cut out several circus tents at the same time and then cut them apart and reassembled the pieces on a piece of file folder so that the tent would be striped. I also added 'curtains' to the inside of the cutout space of the file folder and then laminated the two parts. I added a couple of pieces of velcro to the two pieces to make it easier to store.  I stacked my pictures in order to match the script and we're ready for some guessing Circus fun! *update* I used this today and it was a big hit! 


The Circus is a LOT of Fun with Friends at Storytime! The Flannel Friday Roundup is hosted by Meg at Miss Meg's Storytime Have questions about Flannel Friday? Check out the Flannel Friday official blog.  Be sure to  join us on the Flannel Friday Facebook page and enjoy the great Flannel Friday Pinterest boards too!

No comments :

Post a Comment