Thursday, July 30, 2015

Hickory Dickory Dock!

Nursery rhymes are easy and fun. There are a lot of benefits for preschoolers in hearing and learning nursery rhymes. A wonderful online resource for nursery rhymes is dltk-teach.com.  I found this cute Hickory Dickory Dock that counts from 1-12 (noon). There are printable pieces from this site if you want to print and laminate them.   I made my set a long time ago. It is part Pellon and part felt diecuts and cutouts. I used my basic mouse pattern that I used for the Five Little Mice in this post HERE. I didn't worry that the bee and mouse are as big as the horse and cow! Thank goodness little kiddos don't call me on that! LOL!

Jean Warren has some excellent ideas for using nursery rhymes that I want to share with my prechooler's caregivers from her website, Preschool Express. Her site is a treasure trove of rhymes and activities that can be adapted for storytime! I also found this great song resource at Nancymusic.com. Here's a link for printable pictures to make books that go with the songs, including one for Hickory, Dickory Dock!. Nursery Rhymes are so much Fun with Friends at StorytimeThere are more great posts on the Flannel Friday Roundup. Check out the wonderful resources on the Flannel Friday Pinterest Boards. If you want more info about Flannel Friday here's the link for the official Flannel Friday blog

No comments :

Post a Comment