Thursday, July 23, 2015

Don't Throw Your Trash in My Backyard!

Here's my inspired post about Garbage Trucks! There are several great posts about trash that I drew from to make my storytime theme. There's this one at Libraryland and another great post at Miss Sarah Storytime. Here's a post at Read, Sarah, Read! and then a stinky, smelly storytime at Awesome Storytime.
This post at Destination Storytime has a printable set of trashy Alphabet cards to play a game after reading I Stink! by Kate and Jim McMullen. 


I used a Google image that I printed and laminated and added velcro to the back to use with the Five Green Garbage Trucks rhyme.
Even though there were so many great rhymes already done, I had to make my own! LOL!
Here's a link for a printable copy of:
Garbage Trucks Each Day of the Week. I used Google images and laminated them, cut them out and added magnets to the back. You can let the kiddos help you add the pieces to the board as you say the rhyme. You can also play, "Which One's Missing?" with the colored trashcans or trucks.




























Who knew that garbage and trash could be so much Fun With Friends at Storytime?!  There are more great posts on the Flannel Friday Roundup. Check out the wonderful resources on the Flannel Friday Pinterest Boards. If you want more info about Flannel Friday here's the link for the official Flannel Friday blog.

No comments :

Post a Comment