Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Five Sweet Babies!

When my children's librarian mentioned doing a baby theme, of course I was happy to help plan that!! Everyone loves babies!  I had a previous post about emotions that involved a set of babies that we're using with our baby theme. Then, I found an adorable clipart baby to use to make a set of 5 babies. I made up a counting rhyme, 'Sweet Babies' to use with the felt babies. I cut out the whole body (including the head minus the ears) I cut out a second head that I glued on with the features and a separate diaper. The bottles are from a baby shower confetti set that I had. There is a black slick fabric paint bellybutton too!  These little guys are so cute!  
























We are offering a Home Extension craft too. This is super easy to prep and prepare.  I used the 2 inch circle of the Sizzix circle diecut that I have to make the little pink baby faces. I made a blob shape that resembles a swaddled baby body. The children glue the baby face on the blanket and then glue the swaddled baby on the folded paper plate 'cradle'. Now the baby can rock while we sing, "Rock-a-bye baby".  Another cute baby song is Laurie Berkner's song, "Five Days Old".  Babies are so much Fun with Friends at Storytime!
 Check out the other posts at this week's roundup by Brooke @ Reading With Red. Have questions about Flannel Friday? Check out the Flannel Friday official blog.  Be sure to  join us on the Flannel Friday Facebook page and enjoy the great Flannel Friday Pinterest boards too!

1 comment :

  1. These are adorable! Love the bellybuttons!

    ReplyDelete