Thursday, February 21, 2013

Crown me!

I've been wanting to do a King,Queen/crown theme for awhile but couldn't seem to pull it all into a complete storytime.  But!...  Ta da! I think it's ready now! This is my chance to use a favorite of mine, King Bidgood's in the Bathtub by Audrey and Don Wood.  I could use Lullabyhullaballo by Mick Inkpen or King Jack and the Dragon by Peter Bentley, illustrated by one of my favorites, Helen Oxenbury. Or...I can tell the story of the Princess and the Pea and use this cute idea from Read, Sarah, Read. If I tell the Princess and the Pea, I can use this adorable idea from The Voices Inside My Headphones!  I also have a flannelboard story that I've written HERE and I made flannelboard pieces to tell it. I didn't want to make people so I made symbols for the people in my story. I use a lot of glitter, sequins and 'jewels'.  You know those royals just love shiny things!
 




















I plan on using the mirror, shield, wizard hat and dragon's cave for a game; "Where's the king's crown?" similar to the 'Little Mouse hiding in the color house' game.  There's going to be a lot of Royal Storytime Fun!!

6 comments :

  1. Way cool! I love the size!! Yes, those royals do love shiny things! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those turned out adorable! Love how big they are too! I bet the kiddos love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used the Flannelboard story this week and the kids (and caregivers) did love them! We practiced boys bowing and girls curtsying too! me: 'That's good manners when you meet a king or queen' Children: serious looks and diligent practicing! LOL! The children were adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally fabulous! Very pretty and btw, many librarians like shiny things too! ~ jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your story. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First time to visit your blog. Found you through the blog hop by Storytime ABC's. Love your pieces and all the sparkles!!!

    ReplyDelete