Thursday, August 13, 2015

Little Dino...No Biting!

I ran across this adorable board book recently and thought, " I need to flannelize this one!!". The pictures are clear and the text is simple. It's too small to use in storytime so I made large flannel pieces to 'read' the story. I did take some liberties with my interpretation of a few of the pieces. But, since I don't intend to use the book other than to show the front cover, I didn't think it really mattered. I had some floral felt that I got on sale that I used for the mother dinosaur's dress. I didn't make my chair to scale with the other pieces but that's o.k.! I also used google eyes for my dinos. I intend to use this with another favorite book, Doodle Bites by Polly Dunbar. I can use this with several themes; Being Kind, Food, Dinosaurs, Teeth, ... I typed up the text and I'm ready for some great discussion when we have this story!


Dinosaurs and good manners are so much Fun with Friends at Storytime! There are more great posts on the Flannel Friday Roundup. Check out the wonderful resources on the Flannel Friday Pinterest Boards. If you want more info about Flannel Friday here's the link for the official Flannel Friday blog.

No comments :

Post a Comment