Friday, August 8, 2014

Tea Time!

It's time for tea!  We are planning to start our fall programming session with a tea party theme. We'll sing "I'm a Little Teapot" from Toddler Trio; Music for Little People Choir.  It's the first song on the third disc. I like their version because they have a second verse. They sing, "I'm a little teapot, it is true/ Here let me show you what I can do/ I can change my handle and my spout/ Tip me over and pour me out!"  I use many of the songs from this CD trio. I also wanted an interactive rhyme to go with our Tea Party theme. My rhyme is called Tea Time. I used Google images and made a programmed sheet of a line drawing of a teapot and six teacups.  I used the copier and different color paper to make the copies of the teapot and teacups. I laminated them and cut them out. A dot of velcro on the back, and we are ready to play.  I also made a felt version of each color teapot and one teacup. I deconstructed a Google image and used 2 shades of each color to add dimension.  Couldn't help but add a little glitter too!! LOL!  I can use these at least two different ways. If my group is small I can put the teacups on the board and let the kiddos take turns finding the cup that matches the teapot that I hold up.  We can also play a "Which One is Missing?" game with the teapots or teacups.  This theme is also a chance to use my Five Little Cupcakes again!  I reworked the rhyme and here's the link; Five Cupcakes for Tea Time.  So, now we'll have cupcakes for our tea party storytime! The rhyme was a chance for me to address using good manners in a fun way too! It's never too early to start learning good manners. 

Having a tea party is so much Fun with Friends at Storytime!  Anne @ itsybitsymom has the rest of this week's roundup. Have questions about Flannel Friday? Check out the Flannel Friday official blog.  Be sure to  join us on the Flannel Friday Facebook page and enjoy the great Flannel Friday Pinterest boards too!

1 comment :

  1. Absolutely perfect! I need this. Thank you Kathryn ~ jane

    ReplyDelete