Thursday, November 5, 2015

Beary Sleepy Bedtime

Bears and Bedtime are a winning combination for storytime! I've posted some other bedtime posts HERE and HERE. I made my own new set of Five in the Bed inspired by Miss Mary Liberry and Sarah at Read Rabbit Read. I actually made 6 little bears (can't remember why??) We offered a really easy prep, Home Extension that uses the adorable bear and bunny from this cute picture book! We put the cut squares in an envelope and paper-clipped it to the precut, programmed paper so that they could color Bear and bunny and make the blanket with the squares and a glue stick. I'm showing the example that I made. They loved it!! 


We also sang a fun silly song I saw at 1234 More Storytimes about colored pajamas that had everyone laughing! I laminated and cut out Google images of kids in 5 different colored pajamas; red, orange,green, pink and blue. I used those colors because they were one syllable and fit the song. Anyway, I was VERY expressive with my singing! After 2 colors the caregivers and the kiddos began singing with me. They thought it was hilarious! LOL! We're having so much Fun with Friends at Storytime! There are more great posts on the Flannel Friday Roundup. Check out the wonderful resources on the Flannel Friday Pinterest Boards. If you want more info about Flannel Friday here's the link for the official Flannel Friday blog.


2 comments :

  1. This looks adorable! Is there a link for the bear and bunny printable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry, that was made inhouse at work so I don't have it available. It's easy to do tho using the book and Word.

      Delete