Thursday, November 12, 2015

Spiders!

I love the Eency Weency Spider in all it's versions! I needed a cute interactive spider set to go with this theme.  Here's a set of rainbow spiders and a rainbow spiderweb I made a few years ago. I used the variegated yarn from Walmart and some white pipe cleaners to make my web. I put a dab of hot glue at each joint and a piece of velcro to hold the web on the board. The colorful spiders are a diecut. I cut 4 of each color. Unfortunately, their legs are a little thin and sometimes a spider loses one in the hands of an enthusiastic toddler. LOL! I made up a rhyme to use with the set, Rainbow Spiderweb.


























Here's a cute, paper plate craft for a Home Extension. I bought the black plates at the Dollar store and we cut crepe paper strips for the legs. We used paper hole reinforcers for the eyes and cut out the mouth for some spidery fun! We also added a long string so that the kiddos could make their spider jump and dance! Rainbow spiders can be a lot of Fun with Friends at Storytime!

There are more great posts on the Flannel Friday Roundup. Check out the wonderful resources on the Flannel Friday Pinterest Boards. If you want more info about Flannel Friday here's the link for the official Flannel Friday blog.

No comments :

Post a Comment