Thursday, June 4, 2015

Pretty Color Birds (filefolder)

Here's a quick easy filefolder rhyme to use as a color recognition activity. I traced the bird shape on the filefolder and cut it out. I added white paper cloud shapes and a brown construction paper branch before I laminated the folder. Then I traced the features on the lamination with a Sharpie. The cloud shapes could just as easily be green and be leaves. I've had this rhyme a long time and can't remember where I originally found it. This activity covers two of the ECRR components: Talking and Playing. I have another bird post here with some cute finger puppets.

Color Birds

Blue bird, blue bird,
High in a tree,
How many blue things can you see?

Repeat for other colors.

Talk about the objects in the room or outside the window or on the children's clothing, or even other things that the children know is that color.



Pretty Color Birds are so much Fun With Friends at Storytime! There are more great posts on the Flannel Friday Roundup this week. Check out the wonderful resources on the Flannel Friday Pinterest Boards. If you want more info about Flannel Friday here's the link for the official Flannel Friday blog.

No comments :

Post a Comment