Monday, February 4, 2013

Little Birdies

When my grandson J.W. was 16 months old he called birds, "chirp, chirps". Toddlers seem to be fascinated with birds. These little finger puppet birds have been a big hit with the preschoolers that come to storytime. I started with the classic Two Little Blackbirds rhyme and with some tweaking ended up with Two Little Blue birds and one color led to another... I've been thinking about other animal fingerpuppets with this rhyme also.
Perhaps, Two little green frogs sitting near a rock
one named Brittany and one named Brock.
Hop away Brittany, hop away Brock... You get the idea!   I think it could be a lot of fun!  

Here are my finger puppets and rhymes. I think the feather adds such a debonair touch to the little rascals!  I added this cute penguin version from here and here

Two Little Blue birds sitting on a hill.
One named Jack, and one named Jill.
Fly away Jack, fly away Jill,
Come back Jack, come back Jill
Two Little Blue birds sitting on a hill.
One named Jack, and one named Jill.

Two little red birds sitting on a wall...named Pam and Paul
Two little yellow birds sitting in a tree...named Doug and Dee
Two little purple birds sitting on a stone...named Jeff and Joan
Two little green birds flying to a cloud...named Quiet and LOUD!
Two little pink birds hopping on the ground... named Up and Down.
Two little orange birds flying in the air...named Cliff and Clare.

"Chirp, Chirp!"    It's so much fun at Storytime!
For my repost on Dec. 16, 2016 on Flannel Friday RoundupCheck out the wonderful resources on the Flannel Friday Pinterest Boards. Here's the link for the official Flannel Friday blog for more info! 

2 comments :

  1. These are great - I'm a little bird-obsessed myself! The variations are very helpful and have set me thinking ... (oh, and welcome to Flannel Friday).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fun post! Thanks again for sharing your ideas!

    Lissa
    Lake Elsinore, CA

    ReplyDelete