Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Family Hero Fingerpuppets

Last week Miss Margaret showed me an adorable blogpost about Two Little Superheroes @ Sunflower Storytime and I just couldn't leave well enough alone. Ha! We are doing a week of Family as Heroes so I adapted the rhyme to reflect family members and different colored capes/outfits. There is a link in that blogpost for a printable set of capes and masks from Hello Bee. They are so cute but I adapted them to make my Family Hero Fingerpuppets. I decided to make the fingerpuppet and cape the color that I needed and to make the head as if the family member is wearing a full hooded outfit. I'll probably eventually add some hair to some of them. And maybe a mustache for Papa fingerpuppet!  Anyway, using some glue and fabric paint and tiny google eyes I made a set of felt Happy Hero Family Finger Puppets!  Here's a link for a short rhyme inspired by 'There Was an Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe' that I adapted for our Hero Family Theme. The link includes the rhymes for the fingerpuppets inspired by the Two Little Blackbirds rhyme to use with the fingerpuppets:      Happy Hero Family!




























There are great posts on the Flannel Friday Roundup this week. Check out the wonderful resources on the Flannel Friday Pinterest Boards. If you want more info about Flannel Friday here's the link for the official Flannel Friday blog.

2 comments :