Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Bzzzz...Said the Bee!

I have a felt set...well, really a Pellon set of animals to use with the text of this great book! I think I adapted the animal patterns from Felt Board Fingerplays many years ago to use for this set. If I could only have 1 resource for storytime this is the book I would have! I have used this book A LOT!! So I made my Pellon animals and colored them with crayons. I did add a tiny google eye to the bee. I had the text of this Easy Reader book typed out and used the animals on the board. It's easy peasy and lots of fun! I'm sure the minimal text and simple plots of a lot of Easy Readers would lend themselves to being adapted to flannel board stories. Hmmm.... I'll need to do some more research on that! This little story would go well with any farm theme and this song that I posted HERE.


Bees and farm animals are a lot of Fun with Friends at Storytime! There are other great ideas on the Flannel Friday Roundup this week. Check out the wonderful resources on the Flannel Friday Pinterest Boards. If you want more info about Flannel Friday here's the link for the official Flannel Friday blog.

No comments :

Post a Comment