Saturday, March 26, 2016

Buzzzzing Beezzzzz!

Hooray, the bees are buzzing around the flowers now!! Pollen is flying in the air and everything is yellow! I've got a couple of ideas for a Bee theme for Storytime. I love the classic fingerplays, 'Two Big Beehives' and 'Here is the Beehive'. They are so much fun for buzzing and tickling! Then there are a couple of flannelboard rhymes that I like to use too. You can use 'Five Little Bees' with the flowers from last week's Flower post or make a hive to use with the rhyme. I posted a fun bee story HERE. Be sure to click on the titles of the rhymes for a printable docx of each one.
 As you can see, I have 2 different kinds of bees. I do have 5 of each, I just didn't get them in the picture. The set on the left is out of paper using a diecut. The set on the right is colored pellon. The hive is made of felt with some glittery fabric paint for detail. Bug stickers are a great giveaway at the end of the storytime. I had yellow bee bodies cut out of yellow construction paper with the white tissue paper wings and black markers for the kiddos to make their own bees for a fun Home Extension. Bees are always a lot of Fun with Friends at Storytime!




















There are more great posts on the Flannel Friday Roundup. Check out the wonderful resources on the Flannel Friday Pinterest Boards. Here's the link for the official Flannel Friday blog for more info!

No comments :

Post a Comment