Wednesday, August 19, 2015

2 by 2 Sea Creatures

Back during Shark Week, I saw the cutest variation of 2 Little Blackbirds @ sunflowerstorytime.com! Her 2 little sharks were adorable. I made me a set and then I saw a really cute octopus @ storytime ABC's and I wanted 2 of them! After I had them I decided I needed, at least, 5 different creatures so I'd have a total of 10 (the magic preschool number!). After some research and fiddling with several pictures to make patterns, here are my Jellyfish, Seahorse and Crab.  Now, I need to make up rhymes for all but the sharks and I'm set!! I decided that I can use these as finger puppets or on the flannel board. I used combinations of Google images to design my patterns and then I used ribbons, sequins and glitter glue or glitter fabric paint to embellish them. I especially love the little crowns on the seahorses. I cut up a fancy sequin to get the parts for those and the cheeks for the jellyfish. They all turned out better than I had hoped! It's funny how that works sometimes! *Update: Here's the link for the rhymes for each set of sea creatures Two Little Sharks.
Any and/or all of these would go well with some of the other sea creature posts I've already done; Seahorses, Fish or with this song, 'Old Man Skipper'.
Sea creatures are so much Fun with Friends at Storytime! There are more great posts on the Flannel Friday Roundup. Check out the wonderful resources on the Flannel Friday Pinterest Boards. If you want more info about Flannel Friday here's the link for the official Flannel Friday blog.

No comments :

Post a Comment