Thursday, March 26, 2015

Sammy the Seal, Inspired post.

This week I have a post that was inspired by Dorothy @ The Wielded Pen - Children's Corner. I saw this and pinned it 2 years ago. At the time I saw it she had used it as an interactive activity with a song to the tune of Frere Jacques suggested by Mary Zenker (in the comments). So cute!!  I've been thinking about it off and on for these 2 years and last week I was suddenly inspired with a rhyme to go with Sammy. I chose to make 10 colored balls and program them with the number symbols 1-10. My rhyme uses two clues for the children, colors and numbers.  My coworker, Miss Margaret suggested a theme of animals that balance balls (she has a wonderful set of elephants that balance on different colored balls) or plays with balls. I'm also thinking of the book, The Seals on the Bus. So, I don't have to wait to do a circus theme to use my version of Sammy the Seal! Here's the rhyme: Sammy the Seal Counts to 10.


Sammy the Seal and his amazing counting color balls is a lot of Fun with Friends at Storytime!
Here's the rest of this week's roundup @singing in the stacks!  If you have any questions about Flannel Friday you can find answers at the official Flannel Friday blog.

No comments :

Post a Comment