Thursday, January 28, 2016

My Little Red Car

Here's another car post for your driving pleasure! LOL! This is a file folder rhyme that changes colors. It could be an interactive rhyme if you had car cutouts that the kiddos 'drive' up to put on the flannelboard as you hold the file folder and say the color rhyme.




My Little *Red Car

Hop right in my little *red car,
Let's drive up and down.
Round and round and round we go
All around the town.

*change the color sheet as you say the rhyme. Use the colors you prefer. I had red, blue, yellow, green and orange.



















































I used a copy of a map to cover the file folder back. I used a Google image to cut out the car shape.  I cut out 2 black and 2 smaller silver (tinfoil) circles for the tires. I taped the tires and headlight and taillight pieces on with double sided tape and ran the file folder through the laminator. Then I positioned the window pieces and ran it through again. You could skip the last step and just draw on the film with a sharpie all the details. I stacked my papers in the folder and we are ready to go! Cars are so much Fun with Friends at Storytime! There are more great posts on the Flannel Friday Roundup. Check out the wonderful resources on the Flannel Friday Pinterest Boards. If you want more info about Flannel Friday here's the link for the official Flannel Friday blog.

No comments :

Post a Comment