Thursday, September 17, 2015

Mole's New Hole...an inspired post

Two years ago when our Summer Reading theme was 'Dig into Reading' I was inspired to make my own set for the story that Linda Meuse shared from Notes from the Story Room. Not only had she made up a cute story, she shared patterns ready for use!! I used her patterns and instead of coloring the pellon with colored pencils I used acrylic paints. I made my hole for mole out of felt with a couple of dots of velcro on the back to hold it tight as I maneuvered mole and then possum in and out of it. We all really enjoyed the story!



You could also play "Which animal is missing?" game with these pieces by having the kids close their eyes (ha!) while you take an animal off of the board. It's so funny that someone always peeks!! This story would be great with a nonfiction book also!! Forest Animals are a lot of Fun with Friends at Storytime!  
There are more great posts on the Flannel Friday Roundup. Check out the wonderful resources on the Flannel Friday Pinterest Boards. If you want more info about Flannel Friday here's the link for the official Flannel Friday blog.

No comments :

Post a Comment