Thursday, September 24, 2015

Little Forest Animals revisited!

Last year I posted about a rhyme/activity that I used called Little Forest Animals. When I made it up I hadn't seen any of the other wonderful posts on the Flannel Friday Forest Animal Pinterest board. Since then I found similar rhymes @Falling Flannelboards and @ 1234 More Storytimes. You could do a month of Forest/Woodland animal storytimes with all of these resources!  I usually use the Beanie Baby animals that I have with my rhyme but I also made a set of laminated animals from Google images (just in case) LOL!
This theme would be an excellent opportunity to use or highlight non-fiction titles for little kiddos! Any of these rhyme/activities would be great for the Talking and Playing components of ECRR! Forest Animals are a lot of Fun with Friends at Storytime. 
There are more great posts on the Flannel Friday Roundup. Check out the wonderful resources on the Flannel Friday Pinterest Boards. If you want more info about Flannel Friday here's the link for the official Flannel Friday blog.

1 comment :

  1. Kathryn, I need to order both of these books. They look precious. Thanks! ~ jane

    ReplyDelete