Saturday, June 21, 2014

Hot Air Balloons take 2

This is technically not-a-flannel post. LOL! Last year I posted my Hot Air Balloons and promised a riddle game that goes with that theme. Finally, I am posting the riddle rhyme link here; Hot Air Balloon Ride. I used Google images that I mounted on colored construction paper and laminated for each verse of the riddle. You can add a piece of velcro to the back of each picture and put them on the flannelboard as you say the riddle rhyme. My memory of using this is that it generated a good bit of discussion about the places we like to play or go.

I prepped the craft by punching the holes in the small paper plates and cutting the tissue paper into strips. You could easily just have the kiddos color the plate with markers and even add some stickers before trimming to hot air balloon shape. They threaded the yarn through the holes and glued them to the 'basket' (cut up old file folders).  When I did it, I had the kids glue the tissue to the plate with glue stick and then the parents trimmed the plates but you don't really even have to trim the plates. This craft could lend itself to talking about shapes too!




Hot Air Balloons are a lot of Fun With Friends at Storytime!
Hannah @ Lovin' The Library has the rest of this week's roundup.Have questions about Flannel Friday? Check out the Flannel Friday official blog.  Be sure to  join us on the Flannel Friday Facebook page and enjoy the great Flannel Friday Pinterest boards too!

No comments :

Post a Comment