Thursday, May 15, 2014

Down by the Pond


We have a pond near our house that we visit when the grandkids come over. They never get tired of walking to the pond to look for tadpoles or frogs or dragonflies or other bugs or geese or turtles or fish or just to throw in a few rocks to watch the ripples and hear the 'splooosh".  I am doing a special set of storytimes at the end of the year celebration at my favorite preschool and I decided to do a 'Down by the Pond' theme. I have a flannelboard version of Mr. Gumpy's Outing by John Burningham that is always a big hit! I will sing/read the Jo MacDonald book.  I have several felt sets of assorted pond life I could use but I especially wanted to do turtles and I really wanted something new. So, I made up a new rhyme about 5 turtles by the pond that I call 'Turtle Fun'.  Here are my 5 little turtles. The middle pic of the turtle's tummy is closest to the true colors of felt. The flash made the shell look yellow and it's really an olive green. The turtles are about 6 to 8 inches long.  I like my pieces to be big! LOL! Turtles at the Pond are so much Fun with Friends at Storytime!

 
Check with Dana and Lindsey @ Jbrary for the rest of this week's Roundup!  Have questions about Flannel Friday? Check out the Flannel Friday official blog.  Be sure to  join us on the Flannel Friday Facebook page and enjoy the great Flannel Friday Pinterest boards too!

No comments :

Post a Comment